D14 head with vtec.

manasel

Re: D14 head with vtec.

Post by manasel »

so any ideas yet?the head is getting to noisy.is it posibble to be from the lma's?because since ive swapped the engine the bearing hasn't teared more .and i have arround 8000km.

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Hey man, welcome to the DU but please introduce yourself in the right topic as well (read forum rules etc.).

But to your problem:

The VTEC rocker assembly and cam fits the D14 head, but as everyone figured out, you miss the oil lines and a mounting position for the VTEC solenoid. So unless you are incredibly skilled with aluminium, you have 2 options: either mount the shit and forget you have a VTEC cam. I've tested ESi cams before and the normal Honda cams only loose about 10 hp on the non-VTEC lobes. A small sacrifice.

Or reverse it. I think you can open up the rocker assembly and change the oil drum orders. Puzzle with it and there might be the options to lock the LMA's forever, meaning you have permanent VTEC engaged. No idea how this performs considering driveability in low revs and emmisions. You might fail MOT?

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Btw if you are from the Netherlands or close by, I still might have an completely empty D16Z6 head... only with a broken stud in it which still is refusing to get out. Though I am doubting, perhaps Shepherd Moon has this head now, I forget. I'll do a shed search soon...