high CR, cam and MOT

SquirtAndSpark

high CR, cam and MOT

Post by SquirtAndSpark »

hey

I have a doubt, I'm planing do a NA d14, but I want to be able to pass on the MOT!

if I rise the CR to much, the d16z9 cam can't bleed the compression in low revs and I will have detonation, but I'm afraid that a can't pass MOT with a level 2 cam or something like that.

do you think that can be able to pass?

cheers

hondaNickx

Re: high CR, cam and MOT

Post by hondaNickx »

Mostly depends on tuning and injectors.I've seen people pass mot with a bisimoto level 2.4 cam tuned on a stand alone mangement and RDX injectors flawlessly .Level 3 will be more difficult ,i'm also planning to pass mot with my level 2 cam.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

can it be done with bisi level 2 and obd1 chiipped ecu with a good program?

SquirtAndSpark

Post by SquirtAndSpark »

that is good news :D

what CR do you have hondaNickx?

maybe i'm planing something like 11:1

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

@ Saxophonias i think you could , i'm at least going to try and get it mot passed that way.

I have +10:1 cr.
11:1 would be better indeed ;)
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"