D14 Bearings

stmark

D14 Bearings

Post by stmark »

I dont know if is a good idea but i'm investigate about the bearings for D14, because i'm newbie. :mrgreen:

First info about ACL Aluminium Silicon bearings (ACL Aluglide) :
Quote source : http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=128140

"I took this up with ACL in Australia and their representative informed me that genuine ACL bearings are manufactured exclusively in Australia and that no licences have been granted to manufacture ACL bearings elsewhere.

ACL in Australia have been operating in administration for a while now and one of the consequences of this appears to be that the previously wholly owned US distributor was sold off. The new owners of the US distributor have decided to source Aluminium Silicon bearings from a Chinese supplier (TDC) which are distributed in their own packaging. They continue to import and distribute Australian made "Race" bearings (Duraglide/tri-metal)."

About the D13 and D14 bearings :
Has you can see the D13 and D14 bearings are the same on the Sanico Aftermarket german catalog.
I dont know if the bearings are made in germany or are imported from china in germany,
there are no informations about Sanico on the web but the parts numbers for D13 and D14 are the same.

Sanico catalog : http://www.dts.lv/files/PDF_dokumenti/s ... atalog.pdf

And there it is :

D13 /B1/B2/B7 :

D14 /A1/A2/A3/A4/A5/A7/A8/Z3/Z4 :

Sizes :

Same parts numbers / same sizes.
The D13 and D14 bearings are the same. :mrgreen:

ACL parts numbers for Honda D13B2 :
Conrod Bearing Set ACL Duraglide O/S : STD,0.25,0.50 : 4B1930
Main Bearing Set ACL Aluglide O/S : STD, .25, .50, .75, 1.00 : 5M1932
Thrustwasher Set O/S : STD, .125, .25 ACL : 1T1952

ACL sources
D14A4 EJ9 Stock

hondaNickx

Re: D14 Bearings

Post by hondaNickx »

Great Info STMark! Law has been using the acl D13 bearings in his rebuilded engine for some time now.
They fit perfect .We should ask if ACL could produce these bearings in their race bearings .Those are much better then the aluglide.It's also great to know TDC makes these bearings ,maybe we can find some from TDC themselfs.

Also what i noticed just now is that the conrod bearings are ACL Duraglide and the main bearings are ACL Aluglide.
The Duraglide bearings are better then the ALUglide.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

stmark

Post by stmark »

I found Tri Metal main bearings for D14 crank, it's a MAHLE CLEVITE MS-1806AL,
(Clevite for US country)
Material : TM-1 :mrgreen:

The main's bearings are made for Honda civic 74.00 mm Bore DX/CRX D15B2/7 for the US market.
ONLY THE MAIN BEARINGS FOR D14 ! THE D15B2/7 RODS BEARINGS DOESN'T FIT ON D14 !

Can you confirm if the Shaft and the Housing are well ?? :mrgreen:
D14A4 EJ9 Stock

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

stmark wrote:I found Tri Metal main bearings for D14 crank, it's a MAHLE CLEVITE MS-1806AL,
(Clevite for US country)
Material : TM-1 :mrgreen:

The main's bearings are made for Honda civic 74.00 mm Bore DX/CRX D15B2/7 for the US market.
ONLY THE MAIN BEARINGS FOR D14 ! THE D15B2/7 RODS BEARINGS DOESN'T FIT ON D14 !

Can you confirm if the Shaft and the Housing are well ?? :mrgreen:
That's a great alternative too !Those are the Clevit 77 bearings which are almost the same as ACL race bearings .
Afaik those main bearings of the D15 crank is the same as the D14 crank.But i'll check the honda parts cataloge to be sure.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

stmark

Post by stmark »

Hello hondaNickx, The D15B2/7 main bearings and D14 are the same parts numbers in the Sanico catalog :mrgreen:

D14A4 EJ9 Stock

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Ow yes you're right ,didn't noticed that before :) .

I've looked into the Clevite /mahle bearings and those would be the same as ACL Duraglide or slightly better.Not like acl race bearings.
So the ACL Duraglide conrod bearings and Mahle/clevite 77 main bearings would be a great combo to replace oem bearings in a rebuild.

MAhle/clevite main bearings => http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-C ... 564947c65a
$30 from the usa

ACl duraglide conrod bearings => http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acl-4B1930-Ho ... 2346fcb879
$27 from the usa

One of the mods should sticky this topic or add this information !
Great findings Stmark!

stmark

Post by stmark »

hondaNickx wrote:Ow yes you're right ,didn't noticed that before :) .

I've looked into the Clevite /mahle bearings and those would be the same as ACL Duraglide or slightly better.Not like acl race bearings.
So the ACL Duraglide conrod bearings and Mahle/clevite 77 main bearings would be a great combo to replace oem bearings in a rebuild.

MAhle/clevite main bearings => http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-C ... 564947c65a
$30 from the usa

ACl duraglide conrod bearings => http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acl-4B1930-Ho ... 2346fcb879
$27 from the usa

One of the mods should sticky this topic or add this information !
Great findings Stmark!
be careful it's the .50mm for clevite on ebay link. :mrgreen:
"MAIN BEARINGS MS1806AL .50MM"

PS : HondaNickx i search 13010-PHX-G00 pistons, do you have a seller or some links ? Thank you in advance :)
D14A4 EJ9 Stock

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Nope i've searched the whole internet for aftermarket oem pistons can't find any.
The only ones i've found are PG6 pistons and those don't fit unless you mill them 0.5mm down.
P29 do fit but will sit lower in the engine.

Try finding a low milage D14z2 block or any from a 99-00 civic D14 and take those pistons out and replace the rings with new ones.
The D14a8 from a Civic aerodeck has domed pistons as far as i have found ,but i haven't been able to find a used d14a8 engine to get the pistons out of and measure them.

stmark

Post by stmark »

Thank you hondaNickx,
It's hard to find this pistons exept from honda. :?

The PHXG piston fit without milling ??
D14A4 EJ9 Stock

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

stmark wrote:Thank you hondaNickx,
It's hard to find this pistons exept from honda. :?

The PHXG piston fit without milling ??
Yes compression height is the same , it only has a smaller dish in the pistons which gives you more compression. ;)