Endyn's Catch can

hondaNickx

Endyn's Catch can

Post by hondaNickx »

For all of you who want to design your own catch tank ,here's a sketch from T.O.O (The Old One,Endyn,Larry) himself how he designed his famous catch can.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Re: Endyn's Catch can

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Good info!

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

:shock: Thanks man!! The turbo guys consider that! :)

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Well, I believe even for NA applications it is better to have a catch can.

I've been told it is even better to not re-connect is to the intake, but after the catch-can use a breather filter. So you don't get the small high temperature 'leak' into the inlet manifold. Both my cars still 'suffer from this leak'. Can anyone confirm or counter my argument?

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

It is true ,like Larry from Endyn said in this text that oil is an open invitation for detonation.Recently i sold my ported Z6 intake manifold and when i got it off the car it was black from oil all over again.My valve cover breather wasn't even connected anymore ,only the breather box from the bottem end and the little black box at the back of the manifold.Even at the throttle body there were black traces of oil i don't even understand how it got there.Another thing i didn't know was that your PCV valve needs replacement every 40.000km or so .If that thing gets stuck you'll end up with a destroyed engine.I'm going to replace that thing anyway.

I did once saw somebody using small water filters for compressed air lines .And that worked great ,it filtered the oil out of the air.The best way to get rid of those crankcase gasses is a vacuum pump.But the stock system (true the intake pipe ,and true the pcv valve from the crankcase) is already a vacuum system on it's own.Most of this is all done for the envirement ,to not trow out oil and gasses .I'm not gonna use the oem catch tank and black little box at the rear of the Im anymore.I might try something with some water filters for compressed air ,or just a catch tank.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

very interesting, dp you know if there are any aftermarket designs flouting around on the web??
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Endyn's breather kit comes complete with the Moroso breather tank, Moroso breather element, (2) block vent tubes with aluminum gaskets, PCV valve and neoprene grommet, and all hoses and clamps for installation for a price of $199.00 Shipped.

Besides that you got lot's of aftermarket breather kits ,but non of them have the inside baffles and design like Endyn's.
http://www.theoldone.com/components/breather/

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

good one! Would you consider using it for a mild n/a set up?

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Yes i'm actually considering of using it myself on my engine.A D-series engine has less crankcase pressures then a B series(That's why b-series use 2 vent holes at the back of the block).Stock will work great too on a mild n/a setup.
But with higher revs you can always use the extra ventilation and it keeps out oil from entering the combustion chamber,having a cleaner burn=more hp.

cal

Post by cal »

i made my own by using a alloy drinks bottle and a few brass fittings

very easy to do :D