Engine Build on the way

hondaNickx

Re: Engine Build on the way

Post by hondaNickx »

If that's your issue you shouldn't be using a block guard .
A good develloped block guard is made from the same material as oem honda cast aluminium or similar in expansion rate.

Golden eagle is one the better block guards.If you look at the KMS/supertech blockguard that's even worse .

You could also use the Endyn technique with mouting studs against the sleeves.They use special alu material with the same expansion rate as oem.
Also without issues and stress point and what not.
It's a little save guard against cracked sleeves if your going to boost a lot of pressure.With big boost numbers coming in they almost always go with a sleeved block.So you don't need it no ,you can also boost without it.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

lumpenst

Post by lumpenst »

The Endyn Technique seems to be a better choice. And you can post the wall on the right places where the maximum loading happens. Though it is still not an easy thing to do. You could just drill the hole with a 1mm offset to where it should be and it wouldn't work as it should. As i said before I'm not going to risk anything labor related as parts are over priced and changing a block is $$$ because of registration to license in my country. I'll chose the simplest ways to enhance anything if possible.

Updates:
- rods order will be placed for FJ custom length I beam rods which don't require any notching of the block and also result in 0 deck height.
- OEM bearing are going to be used. Btw, i remember as if there were two providers of these bearings iirc, one is taiho and other is daido. Anyone know anything about quality of each??

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

So hows the build going man?
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete