Re: high compression pistons

Post by saxophonias »

i have a friend that turboed his d14. I will ask him what he used

OMI performance manufacture their own products. Maybe they can do something
http://www.omi-performance.com/honda-su ... ting-rods/

SquirtAndSpark

Post by SquirtAndSpark »

hondaNickx wrote:It's B18B rods from a Integra GSR and they are 137mm length like d16 rods and have a 21mm piston pin .The big end needs some shaving to reduce the thickness other then that they fit in a d16 engine.
B18c rods are type-r rods they are way different...

ow yeah Big end diameter is also d16 dimensions , so they won't fit d14's or d15's ;-)

There aren't any oem rods out there that fit a D14 , trust me i've checked them all before.Even pistons from other brands like toyota and others i've checked those too nothing ,there's only a Honda CBR 1000RR piston that is 75mm and might fit.D14 Rods you're stuck to stock or Crower.
tanks again!

I see that is difficult get a good combo :S
here in Portugal I can get custom rods (titanium also :o ) and custom arias pistons... but this 2 things should cost more than a b16 swap :|

I dunno what to do :roll: maybe a stock internals with low boost...

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

The crower rods cost around $700-$800 for the D14.Some years ago i asked a seller of Crower rods on ebay if they could also deliver the D14 rods at the same price they advertised the D16 rods.Back then they were selling them on ebay around $650.So that's a good deal if you ask me.

Omi performance could make you custom ones too but i think they would cost you even more then the crowers.In the past i asked around for somebody to make custom rods for the D14 like Carillo , Pauter , and others but they all were very expensive $1000- $1400.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

SquirtAndSpark

Post by SquirtAndSpark »

its to much for a student :|

for the pistons, pg6 skimmed on the top should work, I'm researching now to see if the dome is massive and can get out 0.5mm, especially in the outer parts.

I will see if can get something like this

and appears another problem heigh CR whit stock cam can cause detonation in low rpms, because don't bleed such heigh compression... and if I go to a wild cam I'm afraid to not pass on the MOT.

I find more problems than solutions :oops: but the important is never give up :lol:

cheers!

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

PG6 pistons have a compression height of 30mm so they will stick out 0.5mm above your deck.They also have a light dome of about 0.889mm heigh .If you're on a budget i would suggest getting a D14z series engine with PHXG pistons , putting a D16y8 head on that and mill it 1mm.That should give you a Compression of 11.49 :1 with oem parts.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

SquirtAndSpark

Post by SquirtAndSpark »

I already have a d16z9 head, looks like new!

pg6 can be very worked, must see this

http://www.onecamonly.com/showthread.php?t=2780&page=2

they have tons of abuse. so I think that is safe cut 0.5mm where is needed on outer parts.

our if p29 dome is massive, cut some of his dome. for now the setup isn't decided. my objective is overbore to 75.5mm so the need of choose pistons, but for now maybe I just add the z9 head and overbore in the future...

edited:

nop, p29 dome is not massive...

edited again:

for my "calcs", with worked pg6 the cr should be more than 10.72:1

extrapolating 30mm CH and 1,5cc dome to 29,5CH, and lets say, 2cc dome the cr is 10.86:1

I think that should be close to real numbers

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Yes Rushi does awesome work everytime , but he didn't milled the Piston tops.He just enlarged the valve pockets for his big cam he was going to use in his D16 engine.I also wouldn't recomend you milling the tops of 0.5mm .Your ringlands will move up too and the top will get thinner !

SquirtAndSpark

Post by SquirtAndSpark »

rings closer to the tops improve vacum ;)

anyway, tnks for your advice, I will have it on mind :)

looks line the best option is a custom ones, bisimoto make custom ones, and a company here can get the same custom arias. a will see the prices :|

SquirtAndSpark

Post by SquirtAndSpark »

custom ones= 759€ + vat :|

bisimoto are the same arias pistons and are cheaper :roll:

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

SquirtAndSpark wrote:custom ones= 759€ + vat :|

bisimoto are the same arias pistons and are cheaper :roll:

Bisimoto custom pistons are $650 uncoated .That will be around the same price if you include shipping cost and taxes after they are shipped to the UK.

They also sell regular arias pistons but in a 'Bisimoto spec'

These are the specs of those pistons (i asked them a while ago)
D16y8 Bisi spec piston :
- Dome/dish volume: 0.2
- Compression height: 1.154

D16z6 Bisi spec piston:
- Dome/Dish volume: -0.4
- Compression height: 1.181

D16a6 Bisi Spec piston:
- Dome-Dish volume: -0.3 (75.05)
-0.5 (75.50)
- Compression height: 1.166 (73.05 & 75.50)

They are similar to Arias spec pistons.
Arias spec D16y8 pistons have a Dome of 0.4cc and a compression height of 1.154".Try contacting OMI Performance ,they are in a process of manufacturing there own pistons and they also work along a company that can have custom pistons manufactured. (Deckers Motorenrevisie)