sleeving options

BETEK

Re: sleeving options

Post by BETEK »

I think there is no need for block guard for 300-350 bhp.
I have heard many stories with problems that causes from block guards.
The hard thing is to installed correctly .
And have in mind that there is different materials made from the block guard and Honda engine block and this causes problems due to different material expansion.
For that reason I would suggest to stay away from block guard if you consider the reliability for many kilometres and not just make the maximum power output.

sohc honda

Post by sohc honda »

on the topic of block guards; maybe you guys have seen this - alternative to block sleeving, and they reimburse you if the block crack with under 500whp. $295 ex shipping

http://www.cylindersupportsystem.com/
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3042021

they do d15/d16 blocks; i enquired about the d13 block, lets wait and see :geek:
K20Z4
D16Z6
D13B2

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

The block cut in half looks really nice. I only would wish to see if the ring itself has sharp or filed edges. I hope the latter... can't really make it out. Should have had a ring cut in half by itself as well.

Btw I recently weight a D15B7 block with everything removed. I think it was under 20 kg (this for shipping info).

sktaroins

Post by sktaroins »

the link you kept is the right suitable one joris
both links are correct bro , but for a sleeve that could handle 500hp - come to think about it ...
its material is more stronger than our engines built material.
plus i read the garantee part and i think its absolutely a trap abviously the pistons will break if the whole engine was actually built to handle 500bhp then fine go ahead with it - but then with our decently built engines we have respectedly built components that match other wise we would be spending our money on fancy shmancy and if something breaks we have to fight with them to get our refund and ow my god so many rules they kept about the " in order to get ur money refund back ... u have to do so many things that might cost u as well . so plus that on ur budget and even shipping it - jeesus thats alot of work to get my refund back.

not bcoz joris said about the suitable one but i read about it and that link is mostly used for block gaurds which give safety and more performance :-)

bro ill post a link of a guy who build his car using that kinda block gaurd it was amazing build too.
let me go and look it up for you. :-)

brb

here i got it :-) but i posted this earliear and i had to edit my post coz now i found the link :-)

http://youtu.be/ln4kRCWLak0

cheers

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

I also don't think you could get 300 hp and make 700,000 km without rebuilding! Why not go for a light boost and still have fun and reliability. You always have you B16B if you want to go high horsepower!
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

sktaroins

Post by sktaroins »

true indeed - rebuilding is essential - even light boost and all is just sweet and reliable - great thinking - sound advice