BRAND NEW PART for D-series caterventilation!!

lakaiD14

BRAND NEW PART for D-series caterventilation!!

Post by lakaiD14 »

I have designed a part to separate carter ventilation from manifold. It is a "plug and play" piece to replace your breatherchamber with a plug to fix a hose that is ataches to an oil catch tank.

I have made the first prototype myself and it is still working well, in combination with a 1/2 liter oil catch tank with airfilter on top (QSP).

I have changed my intake manifold and the runners and ports are still brand new!

Now for sale at: All4Honda
(This is NOT an advertisment, but i am happy that maybe i can mean something in the wonderfull world of tuning :D)

http://www.all4honda.com/webshop/1110-n ... tails.html
"some have dreams, mine is reality :P"

Sebastix

Re: BRAND NEW PART for D-series caterventilation!!

Post by Sebastix »

Good product! Really a missing part for SOHC.
We've also made a custom one for my D14. How much mm is it?

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

What are the exact benefits of that?

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

i believe the biggest bore in the part is 16mm and the hose-end is 9mm i believe, it should be more than enough because the diameter of the original hose to the manifold is smaller. i used a 1/2 liter catchtank and lead 2 hoses, 1 from the valvecover and 1 from carter ventilation where the breatherchamber is replaced by my part.

the advantages of this system is that your combustion is much "cleaner" without the oily vapours from carter ventilation and your runners and ports stay clean.

Sebastix

Post by Sebastix »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEVqa0wCvZk

It replaces that black box

My setup:

- 2 hoses at the valve cover to the catchcan
- 1 hose on the block to the catchcan
- 1 return hose from the catchcan to the carter
- Big filter at the catchcan

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

That looks great, i've seen these adaptors before for the D-series but they made them with AN fittings.
I'm wondering why you smalled down the hose size to 9 (10mm) and not used 12mm ?

Here's the one that i mentioned before ,made by Go-Autoworks (from D-series.org)
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

I still dont understand the benefit of this, currently the crankcase fumes go to the charcoal filter (blackbox) and then they are vented to the inlet manifold and burnt.

What does this modification do?

Please correct me if I'm wrong
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

i have made the one end 9mm because the catch tank that i am using has the same diameter zo i could use 1 hose nicely

the surface of hole in the valvecover + the surface of the hole in my part is more then enough combined, to assure that there is no pressure building up, in a short way, the ventilation works properly, bigger is possible but why??? in this way i could use simple hoses and i did nt have to use any NPT fittings or what so ever.

once again :P

it is correct that when the original breatherchamber is connected to the intake manifold the oil fumes are burned, but that is exactly why i have designed this part! I DO NOT want to burn the oil fumes because i want to keep my combustion as pure as possible to get the best bang! plus the nice advantage u get for free is that your internal parts stay clean (at least throttleboy, intakemanifold, injectors etc)

in your combustion you only want fuel and air, not fuel air and oil. the only reason honda did this from stock is because of enviormental aspects, but when u use a catch tank it should be ok.

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

Please describe the catchtank you have designed. Is this just the charcoal filter? How are you drawing the fumes out of the crankcase with no -ve manifold depression?
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete