D14 Custom connecting rod Group buy.Re-started!!

saxophonias

Re: D14 Custom connecting rod Group buy ??

Post by saxophonias »

Sebastix is still on stock rods on his itb turbo set up? I guess yes. Are they so strong after all?

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

saxophonias wrote:Sebastix is still on stock rods on his itb turbo set up? I guess yes. Are they so strong after all?
yes but he's at the limit of the stock rods 8 -9psi or 200nm of torque i think would be the max.I don't even know for sure if it still runs,since he recently posted d16 rods on a dutch forum... It would be nice to find oem rods that fit and be stronger than d14 ones.That would be a cheap solution.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

jangz

Post by jangz »

Ohh crap timing lol, I am soo interested in this, but if you read my thread i need a head gasket change >_< so need to save up for that.

So at the moment I cant afford it even though the price is perfectly fine. I will defo remember this and hope to make intentions to get this in the future sometime, but it will be a while, feel so gutted.
Liberate our minds by any means necessary - Malcom X

armyej9

Post by armyej9 »

nice one, finally someone with a good option for the d14
i am also interested in a set of rods for my na d14 build project.
and if they are usable with stock d14 pistons or a set of other pistons that are fairly easy to get would be great.

i dont have the money for this right now , but if this is a option i could save some and have it at a later date.

hmetro24

Post by hmetro24 »

I Got a question, how much will stock D14 sleeves will hold??
If it will hold 15-20 psi or 300+ Hp. Count me in.

farymann

Post by farymann »

Hello everyone, I would be interested in buying the connecting rods for d14z2, the price of 4 connecting rods?

with regard to the pistons, we have the possibility of going to 9:1 cr?

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Stock D14 sleeves are the same as D16 sleeves afaik and those can handle 400Whp aprox. So 300Bhp should be fine on stock sleeves. 15 Psi for a build D14 isn't a problem either.The stock engine can allready take 10psi .

The price :

If we order 3 sets then it would be £300 ( ~ €360)
If we order 6 sets then it would be £280 ( ~ €340 )
This includes ARP UNF rod bolts.

Shipping directly from the seller to Europe is £30 ( ~ €36)
Shipping to the UK directly from the seller is £10 ( ~ €15)

The seller is located in the UK .Shipping cost and prices are for a set of 4 rods.

As for the payments i will make one payment to the seller ,i will be doing this with paypal.So if people have paypal it would be easier to pay me that way.A bank transfer would work too ,but i have to transfer the money back onto my paypal account which cost extra time. Final details will come as soon as we have 3 or 6 people interested .Delivery time would be 7 weeks aprox. ,seller needs a 50% deposit.

About the pistons i think it would be best if the connecting rods are made for aftermarket pistons for a D16z6 engine.
Those pistons match the D14 combustion chamber and will give a better compression ratio then Vitara pistons.Vitara pistons are cheap but on a D14 are way too low compression only ~ 7.5 :1 .

Most European D16z6 aftermarket piston manufacturer's use a 29.8mm compression height. ( Wiseco, Wossner )
If the rods length are made to 137.7mm in length then the pistons will sit Zero at deck which is perfect.

Wiseco can even alter the Compression ratio of the pistons for 15% above the retail price .Stock pistons wil also work with this connecting rod length but they will sit 0.2mm below deck. (D16y8 engines have this stock) .
The american pistons manufacturers all use stock compression height pistons
CP ,Arias ,SRP,...and those will not fit ,only the d16y8 pistons will work and sit below deck.

I will make a list and people who are really interested can add theirself . So we have an overview of how many guys we can gather.So if you are interested Add your nickname to the list and post it here.
Last edited by hondaNickx on Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

D14 Custom connecting rods 137.7mm length (For use with 29.8mm Ch pistons)

1. Hondanickx

mr kawa

Post by mr kawa »

hondaNickx wrote:D14 Custom connecting rods 137.7mm length (For use with 29.8mm Ch pistons)

1. Hondanickx
2. Mr kawa

hmetro24

Post by hmetro24 »

I am in, but i am out side UK ( Israel ) ? if that possible Add me.
Which piston are the best and cheapest. If I am going to pay 600$ for piston, So i would buy d16 block and get rods and pistons for half the price.
I Have d14a4 with d16y8, so i reckon I can use different piston