Welcome to Dodo-Upgrades forum!

The first step before joining us
Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Welcome to Dodo-Upgrades forum!

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Hi there all and welcome to this piece of the world wide web.

Some people entering this forum will know Dodo-Upgrades for a few years now and for some this will be enterily new. Lets first start for the newbies with explaining a bit about Dodo-Upgrades or short: DU.

DU is a site that shares tuning ideas about Honda D14 engines with the rest of the world. Some writeups can be found here for a few years now. It all started with the simple D14A3 75 bhp engine. I (Dodo) personally took up the challenge to prove that the little D14 rocker could be a potent engine as long as some brains were used. It ended up pushing 145 bhp without the aid of turbos or anything special... and still it could be made even more potent given time.

On the long way that led to this I researched a lot of basic Honda engines, performed several intake swaps, head swaps and MPFi conversions on all kind of D-series engines. I wanted to share what I've learned via DU. Unfortunatly as some of my frequent readers know, evolving the site takes ages and each week I am gathering more and more info that will never find its way on the site self.

So as Saxophonias once suggested to me: a forum should be created to help speed up the site. Finally the time has come, Saxophonias and I have bundled our forces to bring you this forum. Hopefully this forum will help us all with the little D14 engine found in the 6th gen Civics en the EJ9 chassis wrapped around it.

And now a basic dilemma that the majority of EJ9 owners face quite often; Why should someone occupy with the little D14 while having so many tuning options around him as far as engines swaps are concerned? There are many reasons to do so.

First the subjective one:
-The art of tuning and the satisfaction you get from gaining extra power. The mighty D14 engine can guarantee this feeling of success as it is tuning obedient!

For the more objective factors:
-The architecture and the engine design! An experienced tuner would see that the rod/stroke ratio of this engine is almost ideal for revving high, providing wide tuning potentials and an extreme rev happy engine.
-Still tuning potential doesn’t end up here. The capacity to accept sohc VTEC head quite easily, the well designed head, the interchangeability of almost all parts meant for any D-series engines, are only few of the possible tuning options.
-Then consider the low cost of a D14 engine in particular and the extraordinary reliability which goes side by side with the smallest d-series engines. All the above mentioned can give a picture why several people around the world stick with the D14 and tune it.

So lots of reasons to stick with the small revver and see what can be gained from it.

Keep on tuning!

Dodo Bizar
Saxophonias

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to Dodo-Upgrades forum!

Post by Dodo Bizar »

As of September 2021 I have lifted some of the guest only restrictions. To have more technical information available for quick reading the boards 'The EJ9 Tech Section' and 'Other Honda Engines and Models' are now readable by anyone, this includes non-registered users.

To have acces to all boards and sections you still have to register and login.