What's up in the work in progress

Here new articles are build and discussed before the go online.
Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

What's up in the work in progress

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Well most of our members all know that in the left menu bar of DU, a few articles are mentioned with the status CS... Coming Soon. Now soon is relative and for some articles over 2 years.

To build this site further, I first started this entire forum, but I also want to use this area to construct and discuss articles. Puts some heat under my feet and perhaps improves quality.

Let's see if it works... I'll start up the CSs and I invite everyone to start an article. I cannot garantee I will use it, but lets see what works and what not.

As a rule: the first post of each article should be as close as possible to the finalised product. Any reworked comments should be changed in the first post... finished comments (posts with reaction) are pruned (deleted) when resolved.

I'll try to start up some...

mynameisowen

Re: What's up in the work in progress

Post by mynameisowen »

Great idea :D
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

ilya

Post by ilya »

Good idea! this site should be developed! I certainly do not tell you about the CS, but suggest that the people have laid out their personal projects (other than the description) such as picture report - finished, ie is what is spoken after the branch, this branch is trimmed and ready to get a piece to solving the problem. just invite myself, (maybe someone you would support me) not much change the site. I mean look.

and a little more chatter.
could do something like FAQ? Since the opening of your forum seems to me a little added people who simply read. who then added, and communicates. but sometimes one and asks tezhe questions or can not find the answer to replace something or the engine.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=359 how2swap IM
EJ9 Russian Helper http://www.ej9.ru
Full Scheme SFI-OBD1 PDF [ENG]
SofRom 1.15 R2 - Chippest RTP Emulator like Hondata S300 and Moates Ostrich

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Btw i noticed wikipedia added D14 information about the rods and such.
Did somebody send them this information or did they just took it over from here ?
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

No idea, I am wondering to.

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Yeah... 6 years later... not much happening anymore on my front as you all can see. Anybody around?

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

I have many things sitting around but don't have the time to install them.
So I bought 2 d16z6 engines (one running well and the other for parts) from which I only swapped the gearbox. Finally, I convinced my self not to swap and to continue with the d14. So I have in the garage lying around the obd1 ecu conversion a bisimoto 2nd stage cam i got from Nick, some retainers and some valve springs. I also want to shorten the d16z6 gearbox with gears i have from the other boxes.. Let's see.The engine currently has almost 333K with good compression and minor oil consumption. However I don't feel it so strong anymore and its mileage has declined (7.5-8.5lt/100km)

sandras

Post by sandras »

I have found this site maybe a year ago. I have an EJ9 and use this site for info. Quite useful I'd say. Thank you for your work. : )

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

You're welcome!