OBD1 swap synergy

Here new articles are build and discussed before the go online.
mynameisowen

OBD1 swap synergy

Post by mynameisowen »

Since I've come back I've noticed that a few people have managed to complete their OBD1 swaps and that notably baz has written a DIY. I wrote one a while ago in this subforum aswell but I never actually performed the swap so it could be wrong (it was more of a parts list).

Before I left people were saying that it was a good idea to use the D16Y7 engine loom as it simplified the whole process. Has anyone actually done this yet?

Basically I wanted to propose a new article similar to Joris' original one with an updated method of the OBD1 swap. There seem to be a number of proposals/part lists around the forum and it would be good if we could get them all in one place.

What are peoples thoughts? I dont mind doing the some of the writing/template but I haven't actually done the swap so I'd need some help from people who have actually done it.
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

baz

Re: OBD1 swap synergy

Post by baz »

mynameisowen wrote:Since I've come back I've noticed that a few people have managed to complete their OBD1 swaps and that notably baz has written a DIY. I wrote one a while ago in this subforum aswell but I never actually performed the swap so it could be wrong (it was more of a parts list).

Before I left people were saying that it was a good idea to use the D16Y7 engine loom as it simplified the whole process. Has anyone actually done this yet?

Basically I wanted to propose a new article similar to Joris' original one with an updated method of the OBD1 swap. There seem to be a number of proposals/part lists around the forum and it would be good if we could get them all in one place.

What are peoples thoughts? I dont mind doing the some of the writing/template but I haven't actually done the swap so I'd need some help from people who have actually done it.
Wel you can use my template for sure. And you can ask me and Nick to i suppose.
D14A3-OBD1-I/H/E
126 hp /145 Nm

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

So nick followed the same procedure as you?? Could you give me run through of the parts that you used to complete the swap please.
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

cad civic mechanic

Post by cad civic mechanic »

Is this template on the forum baz ?
Dont slack her till you wreck her, horse on regardless

baz

Post by baz »

mynameisowen wrote:So nick followed the same procedure as you?? Could you give me run through of the parts that you used to complete the swap please.
Nope, i followed Nick's procedure he inspired me to do the same on my car.
D14A3-OBD1-I/H/E
126 hp /145 Nm

baz

Post by baz »

cad civic mechanic wrote:Is this template on the forum baz ?
Yes it is, you can see it in my topic or the link in the menu.
D14A3-OBD1-I/H/E
126 hp /145 Nm