My people demand, I shall give!

Here new articles are build and discussed before the go online.
Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Re: My people demand, I shall give!

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Ok: who is volunteering to get lead editorial function for the wiki? Don't wait for me to do it. Who wants, make a start in the wiki please.

I am starting to think I should give up getting the black/blue layout of the website and at least try to make a decent wiki, despite being white.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

maybe some of the guys that volunteered for mods and have knowledge on this? I am afraid my knowledge in this section isn't going too far :oops:

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

I don't mind making a start on the wiki however I think it would be a pretty big job for one person.

Also whats this with not being able to see the forum in black and blue, I can...
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

I mean the wiki, I can't get that in the black and blue setting from here.

Once there is a decent start, I'll update the website and make a direct link to the wiki. (Haven't updated for over a year!)

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Damn, I thought my wiki page would be pretty much hidden for the bots, turns out my wiki has been flood by idiot bots already!!!!! They simply do not alter the main page so I was not aware...

&^%$#@&^%$#@^%$#@

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah cleaned it at least.

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Started uploading pictures for the intake swap piece, but Brazilian F1 Grand Prix is up. I really like the idea to make much more smaller pages, see the IAT page which is linked from one of the uploaded pictures.

This allows to make stories much shorter with the details on other pages when people need them... starting to like the wiki. Really want to get things going.

Btw textual only the specs page and the compression calculation pages are edited by me, the rest are all copy pastes from my site which need to be editted for the wiki. In the wiki I want to remove the personal story side of things, it needs to be a more general and objective writing style as my normal page.

Anyone who wants to join in, please do! Also edit MY texts as you please.

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

Okay I'll have a look through at some point aswell. I think this would be a good oportunity to make a difinitive OBD1 swap article. Things have come along since your original article way back when, and the OBD1 swap thing I wrote (in the WIP) section is probably not 100% correct or the best way of doing things.

We could get everyone who has done it that we know to wright a short bullet pointy type method and then the person writing the article can throw it all together.
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Even better, everyone can dig in as well :mrgreen: ... have to de-bot again.

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

And I think I successfully installed reCaptcha here as well. First it had a bug, seemed to be a php code bug which does not match with php servers 5.3.x and above. Can anybody try to create an account and make an edit on the test page for me to try out?

Btw I did not really debugged it myself, just came across a topic in a forum I should remove one character from the code...

http://www.dodo-upgrades.nl/du_wiki

Now tired.. sleeeeeeeeeeep