VTI seats for ej9

Discuss about interior, gadgets, and cosmetics
pardizzle21

VTI seats for ej9

Post by pardizzle21 »

I recently picked up a pair of near perfect civic vti(ek4) seats the other weekend,they cost £100

What do you think......anyone else had problems with civic rails before?My old ej9 seats and my new passenger one rattles, it looks like theres meant to be a screw or somethin to hold them down securely??? :? :?

saxophonias

Re: VTI seats for ej9

Post by saxophonias »

I don't have similar problems and i am not thin :D Do the vti seats hold you better in corners?

pardizzle21

Post by pardizzle21 »

hey yea the seats are abit better, alot comfier but they are no recaros!
have you ever heard of a problem with the seat slider, either coming apart or developing a rattle in the corner?

either way cant moan for £100! :lol:

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

maybe lubricate a bit? Reclined seats may have more wear than saloon ones ;)

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Seat sliders can start to fall apart. I even have replaced two over the years. Both were from my EJ1 chassis, the EJ9 still perfect but they can also fail.

What happens is simple, the bearing balls start to get out due to a bit rough handling once before. Things get a bit bent and your rail will get opened for the bearing balls. You might notice very tiny metal balls in your carpet sometimes...

It does lead to MOT fail eventually. I think I got lots of spare sliders btw, but unsure which types. Let me know if you really need them I go check what I've got.