Audio system

Discuss about interior, gadgets, and cosmetics
saxophonias

Audio system

Post by saxophonias »

I would like to share this as it might be a problem for some. As you know I have the d14a4 ej9 sedan civic 1998 spec.
Firstly you would probably know that the sedans have a different door style pattern than the 3 doors. This difference makes it very difficult to fit 16.5cm speakers in the front door or 6 inches. My car came with stock 16cm pioneer speakers (the older models had smaller ones) but the bad thing is that the design of the door panel is very strange and it doesn't give you the chance to fit any 6inch speaker, especially if it is a powerful one. The clearance in the door panel is very weird and any speaker more that 16cm won't fit without destroying the panel. So you have to be sure it will fit (maybe some slim 6inch versions). I placed some 16.5 cadence speakers but i had to try many brands in order to find a slim version.

archyman

Re: Audio system

Post by archyman »

I have the Focal 165 A1 SG component system on the doors and they almost didn't fit. We had to cut a litle bit from the plastic but not a big deal. 80 000km and they are still in place:)
Very satisfied with the front line though!
http://outside.toyaga.org/products/foca ... /165A1.png
Cheers!

Firebass

Re: Audio system

Post by Firebass »

my suggestion is remove the front ones and listen with the rear ones, u ll have better sound quality and u wont have headache ;)
Up the Rev Limiter !!!!!!