Dual card

General discussions on EJ9 and D14 improvements. How far can you reach?
Bradleychristyfarmer

Dual card

Post by Bradleychristyfarmer »

OK so hava a d14a1 bottom end and zc head running on dual carbs it in a ek track car for hot rod racing it a oval track having trouble when it come out of the top corner it die for a second then a big puff of blue smoke then it flys again carbs are cleaned and fuel pump is a 120 liter carb pump tank is full and help appricated please [*]

Dodo Bizar
    Site Admin

Re: Dual card

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Cool setup. Is it a SOHC or DOHC head? I understand (but am not sure) that ZC's exist both with SOHC and DOHC.

Unfortunately 1... I have not and not many here know the carbs.
    Unfortunately 2... there is little to no activity on this board right now (hoping to turn that around in the coming years).

But digging a bit more in, you see the problem depends on the corner, so rpm is not the real problem? Other sections on the track but with similar rpms it does run well? Can it be due to the sideways forces in that particular corner that something in the carb gets stuck or otherwise does not cooperate?

Dodo Bizar
    Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

The blue smoke could be coming from bad piston rings, getting oil in with high rpms and no throttle for a moment. I had this in the past with my B16B. Then when accelerating again it would blow blue smoke. After installing new rings and a fresh hone it was gone.

Bradleychristyfarmer

Post by Bradleychristyfarmer »

It is a shoc non vtec zc head as comes here in Ireland as not able to get a cam even for it of the shelfs rings war good on the bottom end as checked before putting together it just once it just in the tight corner definitely something in the carb going try another set that hasn t anything done to them