Supercharger MOD

General discussions on EJ9 and D14 improvements. How far can you reach?
mynameisowen

Re: Supercharger MOD

Post by mynameisowen »

well yes and no because you cant go for lots of compression at high rpms like you would with a N/A build. I think you would need a cam and rods if you wanted to supercharge the d14.
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

Law_

Post by Law_ »

mynameisowen wrote:well yes and no because you cant go for lots of compression at high rpms like you would with a N/A build. I think you would need a cam and rods if you wanted to supercharge the d14.
Turbo kits use aftermarket cams and rods below 200hp?

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

well close to 200 i think its wise too, what im saying is i dont think you would make much power with supercharger without cam, and if your keeping the high compression then rods would be good, because normally you lower compression for boosted applications.
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

I think mini-me on the D14 can still run with SC. As long as you keep pressures low... economic value of the setup I doubt :), but it will sounds very great probably :). Years and years ago, around 2002 I think I was standing next to a VTEC-E with Mercedes SC, sounded fantastics, but the guy did not want to open up the hood... unfortunately I never got track of the guy and/or project again.

I agree on the engine characteristics which stay (roughly) the same with SC. Still I am afraid intake runner length is not as good as default intake manifolds and you'll loose something there?