NEW D14 project 150 bhp! non V-tec whahaha :D

General discussions on EJ9 and D14 improvements. How far can you reach?
lakaiD14

Re: NEW D14 project 150 bhp! non V-tec whahaha :D

Post by lakaiD14 »

if i may recommend, build your engine at emile's workshop. he is really a walking engine damn that guy is good you really should consider that option.

iff you want real value for your money that is the place to be :D and he will assist you personal at the dyno to fine tune the engine.

he even promised that he could solve the "dip" of the hp curve between 4000 and 5000 revs whaha

www.mcengineering.nl
"some have dreams, mine is reality :P"

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Try adding material right before the short turn to make the choke point smaller about 1/3 of the dia. (according to the motoman theory) you will see a lot of gains in velocity !
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

explain more.... adding material where???

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Oh yeah, that one is still on my mind as well, give him the link Nick ;). (post is already somewhere here on the board).

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

finaly last week my coated pistons came in. and within now and a few weeks i hope to do a lot more on the engine. its my daily car haha

but here are the pics:

Skirts coated with carbon dry lubricating coating

top of piston coated with ceramic heat dividing coating

and this only costs 100 euros for all of the pistons and you don't have to pre work them or anything

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

beautiful, extra safe never hurt anyone ;) :)

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

really nice! Did you provide the pistons?

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

how do you mean provide? i just ripped the pistons out of the engine and brought them all oily and even with piston rings :P

the coating guy degreased them and get the old piston rings of. the only thing he did is blasted the pistons and coated them right after because otherwise the aluminum will oxidize right away.

in first i thought to polish the pistons but that is really a NO GO because if you polish the aluminum the micro cavities will be polished closed with dirt etc and the coating will not stitch to the surface. these coatings are specially designed for aluminum and it needs the little cavities to stitch.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

You're using used pistons ? :?
I hope those are going in the same engine they came out of with the same original untouched bore.

The molly coating on the skirts is a good thing ,for less wear .
The ceramic coating on the top is usaully only done on big turbo builds or very high compression builds.Not so much effective on a regular N/A build.
The carbon build up the engine produces makes a coating on the pistons ,and that is very benificial. ;)

PS: I'm from Belgium ,and i'm also on Hondaperformance ,Hondaclubbelgium,and civicclubholland.