NEW D14 project 150 bhp! non V-tec whahaha :D

General discussions on EJ9 and D14 improvements. How far can you reach?
mynameisowen

Re: NEW D14 project 150 bhp! non V-tec whahaha :D

Post by mynameisowen »

Really great news man!! Are you sure you want to coat the cylinders?? Its probably overkill no? How much will it cost you?
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

1) When your crank get's balanced with the flywheel also include your clutch pressure plate with that assembly.Try looking into the crank balancer too ,either get a new oem unit or try to balance the old one with the flywheel/Crank/Pressure plate assembly.

2) Using the Defcon aluminium putty has been done by Endyn for years without problems.But you gotta make sure you make a coarse underground and drill some small holes around the area so the epoxy will hold.Also degreasing is very important.It's a risky thing to do ,but it does work.

Like you said would be also something i would do.It's a more insured good thing to work.You can even drill out that hole a little bigger and make a aluminium rod that fits perfectly and insert that into the hole.You can weld the end toghether on the outside of the pump this way it will never get lose.
That diy post on HCB came from "Rushi" from OneCamOnly.
I just copied it and posted it up.I also posted it over here :lol: ;)
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

mynameisowen wrote:Really great news man!! Are you sure you want to coat the cylinders?? Its probably overkill no? How much will it cost you?
i don't coate the cilinders, just the combustion chamber of the cilinderhead.
my pistons are already coated (costs 100 euro's) and the heat of the combustion will find the way with less resistance and that is the uncoated aluminum of the combustion chamber + that the combustion will find place in a better isolated space. that equals in more and concentrated expansion when your piston is forced down :P

and about balancing pressure plate and clutchdisk, i dont see the value in that one because they start to wear from the first time the engine is started.

i think the flywheel and crank and rods are more then enough :D
"some have dreams, mine is reality :P"

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

hondaNickx wrote:1) When your crank get's balanced with the flywheel also include your clutch pressure plate with that assembly.Try looking into the crank balancer too ,either get a new oem unit or try to balance the old one with the flywheel/Crank/Pressure plate assembly.

2) Using the Defcon aluminium putty has been done by Endyn for years without problems.But you gotta make sure you make a coarse underground and drill some small holes around the area so the epoxy will hold.Also degreasing is very important.It's a risky thing to do ,but it does work.

Like you said would be also something i would do.It's a more insured good thing to work.You can even drill out that hole a little bigger and make a aluminium rod that fits perfectly and insert that into the hole.You can weld the end toghether on the outside of the pump this way it will never get lose.
That diy post on HCB came from "Rushi" from OneCamOnly.
I just copied it and posted it up.I also posted it over here :lol: ;)
do you know the thread size/kind/measurements of this particular hole?

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

I know it's a M20 or M22 size just a regular Metric size.Can't remember which one exactly.But i know cause i used the plug from an old oil pump to plug some other thread of M20 or M22 size.

I didn't said to balance the clutch plate ,you can't even do that and that would be stupid indeed.But if you're going true that much trouble to get the crank balanced with the flywheel then you can't forget the pressure plate and the crank pulley.The balancing with the flywheel could be undone by the imbalance of the pressure plate.My motto: Do it right or don't do it at all.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

hondaNickx wrote:I know it's a M20 or M22 size just a regular Metric size.Can't remember which one exactly.But i know cause i used the plug from an old oil pump to plug some other thread of M20 or M22 size.

I didn't said to balance the clutch plate ,you can't even do that and that would be stupid indeed.But if you're going true that much trouble to get the crank balanced with the flywheel then you can't forget the pressure plate and the crank pulley.The balancing with the flywheel could be undone by the imbalance of the pressure plate.My motto: Do it right or don't do it at all.

the crank pulley is going to be balanced as well the pressure plate not, good point there but the parts are al ready at the workshop, to late to balance pressure plate but indeed good point...

thnx for the threadsize i tried M20 fine but that wasn't working so i'm goin to try the normal M20 thread size

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

It's a normale thread size not a fine one ;)

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

i finished my oil pump and the thread size was G1/2"

i'm waiting for my main bearings to come in ordered them at summit racing (saves u a lot of money) ordered clevite 77 bearings. the pushrodbearings i ordered at honda

the cilinderhead is on it's way to the coating guy to ceramic coat my combustion chambers

when my parts are in i finnaly can build together the car AND the angine so my topic wil be more active with pics etc...

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Great :) ,will you get any head flow numbers ?
Since they use CFD programs and such @ MCE they must have done a before and after head flow test ?I would like to compare it to my results of the ported head by Endyn.Also what cam are you going to use?

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

hondaNickx wrote:Great :) ,will you get any head flow numbers ?
Since they use CFD programs and such @ MCE they must have done a before and after head flow test ?I would like to compare it to my results of the ported head by Endyn.Also what cam are you going to use?

nope emile has not done a before head flow test but you can use the stock test results of a D14a3 Head,i will ask him if he has any data at all.....

so far i'm going to use the stock cam but otherwise i will go for the regrind with the bisimoto specs together with their sping set where u can use your stock retainers... (like to keep the project in budget)