NEW D14 project 150 bhp! non V-tec whahaha :D

General discussions on EJ9 and D14 improvements. How far can you reach?

Re: NEW D14 project 150 bhp! non V-tec whahaha :D

Post by 007 »

nice build Bart. :)

this is turning out *almost* identical to mine including but not limited to the Y8 head and ceramic / DFL coated pistons. cant wait to see your results. good luck. :D

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Bart, if you mean Rene, he always will be ready. Actually sounds like you are the third guy in need of a Geldermalsen trip, I might get a new dyno session in... lets say June?

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

yes i mean Rene,but i was planning to go earlier to geldermalsen because i want to get my car ready before the nice events and summer.....

if you can plan the meeting somewhere around may, otherwise i have some friends who like to go to the dyno as well but they drive nissan.

do you know if i can organize a dyno day at Speedcentre or does my name have to be Joris :P
"some have dreams, mine is reality :P"

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

007 wrote:nice build Bart. :)

this is turning out *almost* identical to mine including but not limited to the Y8 head and ceramic / DFL coated pistons. cant wait to see your results. good luck. :D
thnk you,thnk you :P

what was your setup and what was the performance of your engine, if our builds are similar to each other i can expect nearly the same results haha :P

Post by 007 »

lakaiD14 wrote:
007 wrote:nice build Bart. :)

thnk you,thnk you :P

what was your setup and what was the performance of your engine, if our builds are similar to each other i can expect nearly the same results haha :P
mine is a 1.3L motor man. stock Y8 head at the moment with coated PM3 pistons and DLC coated rings. running a Skunk2 manifold now but that will soon be replaced by a Z6 manifold.

the car was originally an SFI non VTEC and Im still stuck with its stupid ECU and distributor. I have a NepTuned OBD1 ECU ready to go and am just waiting for a D15B7 distributor to arrive so that I can start to play a little. :D

considering the displacement and headwork difference, I dont think I will be even close to what you will be pulling. plus I live very far away from one of the very few places in the country with a pay and use dyno. I use a VBox to gauge performance. the best I managed with the non VTEC 1.3, stock ECU and a short ratio gearbox was 9.5 seconds from 0-100 and 16.5 second quartermile. I hope to be able to shave both those times down by at least a second and then tune for efficiency and economy. I want this motor to run long and strong, so wont be pushing for performance beyond the point I already mentioned.

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

the guy i am working with knows a thing or 2 about engines,he told me you can build your engine with performance goals and still have a long life time if you know what i mean, i have constructed my engine in this way that it will last long and perform great.

that is in my opinion the great difference between street/strip setup

Post by 007 »

quite true. The thing is that this will be my first time tuning. I am prone to pushing things too far and dont want to be doing the same to my daily driven car. Once I learn the ropes, there is another engine that I have which I will freak out on and use those lessons to then safely improve the daily driver.

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Bart, go check HF out, I started a very early dyno topic.

Modified

Post by Modified »

Hey lakaiD14 :-D

The Core you send to Bisimoto, was that a D14 core..??

And do you know if it would be better to use a D16 core maybe..??

Regards. :-)

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

Modified wrote:Hey lakaiD14 :-D

The Core you send to Bisimoto, was that a D14 core..??

And do you know if it would be better to use a D16 core maybe..??

Regards. :-)
i have send a D14 core, but iff i am right bisimoto makes a grind profile based on the core you send on the note inside the box qoutes "custom D14 regrind" soooo if you want to know just email them....