Various dynoplots of tuned d14, around the web

D14 Dynoplots
Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Re: Various dynoplots of tuned d14, around the web

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Mad power... I know by now how 300Nm feels...

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Hi guys ,by accident i found this D14 dyno chart of a guy from the UK on instagram ( @Symons_18 )
The engine unfortunatly died on the dyno (spun bearing) but it made a great result .

The setup was

- D14z engine completely stock
- ported d16z6 head by himself
- Comp 59500 cam
- Old type aem cam gear
- Bc single valve springs
- ported oem d16z6 intake manifold
- stock d16z6 throttle body taper bored
- Ebay 4-2-1 exhaust manifold
- 2.5" exhaust
- rdx injectors @ 55 psi fuel pressure
- Hondata s300 v3

This is what he said with the dyno picture :

Things were going really well with the d14 on the dyno today until there was an issue (probable spun bearing). This was the 3rd wot pull and hadn't touched the cam gear or much ignition timing. Gutted it died but at the same time validated a few things I tried with the head. Over 100hp/l without trying too much

From the looks of the dyno sheet it's on a Maha dyno ,same one as i have been on which uses 2 smaller rolls.Good dyno also .The power ( toque curve ) doesn't fall down after 6000rpm which is rare to see.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

3 years later... I comment with: 'Great result!'. Thanks for the find if you ever read this Nick ;-).