Sebastix D14Z1 dyno history

D14 Dynoplots
hondaNickx

Re: Sebastix D14Z1 dyno history

Post by hondaNickx »

A little question your ignition is set at 20 degrees advance right ?Your stock ignition is set at 12° degrees advance how did you set i up till 20 ?With a special timing gun that can read degrees ?My ignition is set at 16° because of the obd1 swap ,but how does it work with the facelift D14's ...?
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

What I always do is in my mind try to extrapolate the 10/12/14 deg marks... its tricky and comes with some uncertainty.

On the other hand... could also be the ignition maps, and those are dead easy to change. Mine are for instance changed by 10 deg all over to match up with the cam timing which is off by approximatly the same amount. So I don't end up getting dizzies which can't get into the right range.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

That would be my next question how much your setup was advanced :D .
I was thinking of taken out the Dremel and make some extra grooves in the underdrive pulley.I can imagine it in my mind but like you allready said it's hard to aim right.I believe Martin's "crappy" timing gun could be set at degrees so maybe you could see the change digital... I have to look into mine maybe i can set that up too...
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

lumpenst

Post by lumpenst »

mynameisowen wrote:very impressive, how much boost can these engines safely take?
i have been running in excess of 0.6bar for the past 4 years on a d14z2 and have run upto 0.8bar. Still no problem with the compression etc. So they can take it quite well.

Stock honda pistons tend to crack at the ring lands in excess of 0.8bar or 200ish whp. I'm not sure how much the tiny rods of the d14 can take but i've heard of 220whp d14s with stock internals.

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Wow, not bad.

novaksaotome

Post by novaksaotome »

is sebastix still alive? i would love to take a look to his maps!!

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

you can get him on his facebook page, he is online very often ;)

Sebastix

Post by Sebastix »

218hp / 213nm at 10 psi boost!

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Awesome !Congratz ;)

Acc3l3ratoR

Post by Acc3l3ratoR »

super...