untuned stock engine
98Hp

And at the moment

- D14a4
- Ebay 4-2-1 header
- Custom exhaust 58mm open end
- Tenzo-R Open End muffler
- Homemade Cold air intake (60mm)
- D16z6 intake manifold (Cut open ,ported,IM 60mm with 55mm Tb)
- Obd1 swap
- P06 ecu Tuned By Martin(OMI performance) With ECtune .
The first run We did ,we made 122Chp and 129Nm Torque.After 2hours of dyno time the power dropped to around 116chp ,we thought is was because of the heat building up and maybe my short intake tube.Afterwords i discovered that my 4-2-1 Ebay header had a leaking gasket at the 4 to 2 point.We ended up with 119 Chp @ 7070rpm and 125Nm of torque @ 5420Rpm .Low torque because of the 2.5" exhaust.

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gx4fHfA
Last edited by hondaNickx on Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Re: HondaNickx D14A4

Post by saxophonias »

Very good numbers, indicating that d14s has the cheapest +30hp increase, even with e-bay parts..

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Such a typical graph.

Bump in torque between 3000-4000 rpm, a slight dimple around 4500, and from 5000 rpm really flat torque untill it goes down much later again. Typical D-series graph... both VTEC and non-VTEC hehe.

But still, it deserves a price for straightness. Nice graph. And again a D14 close to 120 hp.

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Yes, good performance from a non vtec engine.
Though, i would increase my rev limiter since the power is there and would probably be even better at higher revs.
What i am saying is that is bad to change gear when you are really pushing ;)

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

Great be sure to post up your dyno after bisi parts that would be great, good luck.
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Today i went to a dyno to get a base dyno run ,since i found a new dyno which is different then the last one i went on.This one is a Dynostar .Back in 2008 at Deckers Motorenrevisie i had 119Chp @ 7070rpm and 125nm of torque.

The setup of today was with a oem catalyst and with a tuned map of a previous setup of mine.This is not 100% correct with the current setup.
The results where 115pk @ 7050rpm and 129.8Nm of torque @ 5689rpm on the crank.(losses are measured)
Which results in 95.5pk and 111nm @ the wheels.
I'm very pleased with this result , i've done 50.000km since the last dyno and the engine still has it's power even with a oem cat and a not perfectly tuned ecu map. :)

The setup of today is :
- H.N 4-2-1 header
- Stock d16z6 intake manifold (lightly ported)
- ek9 2.25" b-pipe ,2.25" rear muffler
- 2.5" short ram intake pipe with heat shield
- oem ITR catalysator
- Not a perfectly tuned ecu map on neptune

The setup back in 2008 was :
- Ebay 4-2-1 header
- Fully ported d16z6 intake manifold
- 2.5" short ram intake with airbox
- 2.5" exhaust
- 2.5" cat replacement
- fully tuned with ectune

I previously installed a Innovate MTX-L Wideband and i observed the AFR values on the dyno ,and they where pretty good.Only in the higher rpms a tad rich.

Next up is a modified dc sports 4-1 header , new 2.5" intake pipe with velocity stack and heat shield,new injectors ,a cleaner stock throttle body ,a 2.25" cat replacement and a fully tuned ecu map on dyno.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Consistent numbers ;) I thought that you were with an aftermarket camshaft! Never tried it before? To be honest I would expect some more with the obd1 swap

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

saxophonias wrote:Consistent numbers ;) I thought that you were with an aftermarket camshaft! Never tried it before? To be honest I would expect some more with the obd1 swap
Nope i'm still using the oem camshaft for now.
This is a normal result with obd1 swap ,most of us get around 120hp with obd1 swap.
Only you got 118hp without the obd1 swap,maybe because of the intake manifold? i don't know.

I will get back to the dyno with my modified Dc sports 4-1 header and other bolt on pieces and i new retune.
That will be the last dyno with the bolt on parts,after that i will start using the other stuff Bisimoto cam and endyn head ect...

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Nice Nick, btw same dyno software at least as on the dyno centre I go to.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Dodo Bizar wrote:Nice Nick, btw same dyno software at least as on the dyno centre I go to.
Thanks Joris , yes i will be going back to this dyno since its not far from where my parents live and i know the guy who owns the dyno.I only don't have as much time for the car as i did before.( Girlfriend and house takes up most of the time and money :) )