Bisimoto's Honda civic Wagon (D15b7 )

D14 Dynoplots
sktaroins

Re: Bisimoto's Honda civic Wagon (D15b7 )

Post by sktaroins »

Posting error sry
Here is the 2nd one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn0cOp0 ... ata_player

Thx

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Ow wait I think I understand your question.

I was interpreting it like somebody really connected intake and exhaust to each other (which all EGR systems do btw... but that is something completely else).

You mean that the hot exhaust and cool inlet run close to each other, and that with turbo (as opposed to naturally aspirated aka NA aka no-turbo) there is a problem with the hot side heating up the cool side?

I just have to say you're right... generally with any turbo you run into heating problems, sooner than with NA. Also due to the higher powers most turbo engines have, but also with similar power, you have to think over the best routes to keep the inlet cool. And well... the intercooler is there to do his job, you really need those. Also on superchargers I believe. Some superchargers come without IC and that is in my opinion just a loss of efficiency.

Come to think of it Sam, around your neighbourhood the problems of running hot turbo cars might be even a lot bigger than over here where it is a lot colder (and wetter :( ).

sktaroins

Post by sktaroins »

Lol freaking 45degrees down here - free sauna :mrgreen:

But yeah your right about the best routes.
The ac pipe gets cold right so I was thinking to make a pipe route to the cold inlet haha.
But again yes the hot side heating the cold side - yes makes a problem.
I guess ur right about loss of efficiency.
Ild rather not get them close and its better to keep them seperated.

Lately I have been thinking how to steal some cold air from that cold ac pipe next to the radiator to the intake pipe
lol.

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Using your AC as a performance boosting device hehehehe. No idea what's the capacity, but it might work... remove some insulation, construct a sort of heat exchanger were the inlet air has to pass through :mrgreen: .

But I think someone did the math once it it came out capacity was pretty low to do some descent inlet air cooling... but still I'd like to know what is there to gain. I got an AC car now, but it needs to be refilled, hardly works now. Hope it is working ok and see if I can fool around with it a bit. And put it on a dyno to see what happens. Something I might do next year.

sktaroins

Post by sktaroins »

haha ill always gain extra whatever small things i can do hehe - ill write this down and put it in my future project file lol. man iam trying to get this job at Honda as a Customer Experience Manager and leave that airport and start growing slowly in honda :-)

and listen for the AC get the compressor from the s2000 honda - they are really good
get a used one if you can from scrap - they are meant for speed - the more speed you go it cools more kinda works like that - it has an auto switch something i dont understand but i have it in my car 5years now - no complain lol.
one more thing the s2000 compressor will not take power at all. btw they fit in our cars too.

you actually feel while driving that ur car is picking up more speed sometimes during 70 above while driving slowly u feel its picking a small nodge of speed and a tiny push forward haha.

but the only thing is you switch it after ur car warms up ... not directly at ignition. more preferable when you start to drive :-)

if you cant find one maybe ill be happy to get you one and send it over to you by fedex or dhl as a gift 8-)

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

Good luck with the job at Honda, I *almost* got a job there in early september working on powertrain in Swindon but the job fell through right before I got it. They said they were really interested in me and wanted to have me but they had a company shake-up and decided to not employ anyone :( Bad luck for me. They said if it came up again that they would contact me but now I'm working at Nissan! Too slow Honda!
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

I have a friend in the UK who used to work for Ford and now he is at Lotus

sktaroins

Post by sktaroins »

btw owen i had the same experience - the job fell off and they - well they always bla bla -

i didnt get the job at honda but somehow iam just happy with what i have at the airport job and am currently building my way by my way and have satisfaction with my 3years degree in mechanical engineering and somehow ill guide myself through taking some courses in car design and well u know something - we have somehow learnt everything we need from around and reading etc . tech has changed and things are more transparent. but yeah learning and reading never stops. :0

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

Biggest lesson of life: Learning never stops! Glad you are satisfied :D
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete