Bisimoto's Honda civic Wagon (D15b7 )

D14 Dynoplots
hondaNickx

Bisimoto's Honda civic Wagon (D15b7 )

Post by hondaNickx »

Here's the dyno chart of Bisimoto's Honda civic Wagon with his stock D15b7 engine.

Stock D15B7
Stock Intake
2.5" catback exhaust
Stock filter system
Torco Oil
16whp gain over stock, 16.3 ft/lbs of torque

The proof his header works and even with 2.5" exhaust yes :mrgreen: .
There are more dyno graphs on his website forum.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Raimundo

Re: Bisimoto's Honda civic Wagon (D15b7 )

Post by Raimundo »

2.5" Exhaust... what an abuse! That is too much even for a stock B16 :P
95' Honda Civic
EDM D14A2

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

OMG please open up your eyes ... :roll: The proof is right in front of your nose .It all depends on what header you're using.Seems like people just keep living in the past where 4-1 headers can't make torque .Newsflash !those times are over.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Impressive for sure. This isn't a detailed list still so please elaborate if you want ;) . When you say stock intake we mean the oem system with the resonator on? Even with the stock air filter? Moreover, as fas as i know bisi's headers can't be put with the p/s and a/c on. So where these removed before the dynoplot sessions or only after the header was on?
Furthermore i can see no ecu tuning. Would the 16whp again be the case, if we had already an open air filter or better intake manifold? I say that as with just the header the a/f is sure to get leaner giving extra hp that would be so much in case we had already made the a/f leaner with intake mods!

I am so impressed by the fact that the shape of the torque and power remains the same! :shock: :shock: This means that there is no change in the way the engine performs, only it is 16whp more powerfull :o :o

Correct where i say something wrong ;)

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Stock is Stock that's with a cat and with stock intake and stock airbox and stock everything,no tuning of the ecu .Old header off ,new header on that's it .Gains from the PS/AC belt would be very minor maybe 1 or 2hp ,especially on a stock engine.The engine cleary doesn't suffer from the 2.5" exhaust it in fact gained a lot of torque with a 4-1 header and 2.5" exhaust.Like i said before forget about the old technology in exhaust and headers.Bisimoto has degree in Fysics and Fluid dynamics and an IQ of got knows how high.There's a lot of technology behind all of his products ,it's not something just slammed together.I hope some people start to realize that anytime soon ...

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

HondaNick are you part of bisi's marketing team or something!!

It is truly impressive that you can gain some much from just a header.
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

No i'm not , i'm trying to inform everybody what's on the market for the D-series engine.Most people don't understand and are not aware what Bisimoto does for us the D-series people.There's a lot more support for the B-series guys out there so be happy there's finally someone supporting us!
Allthough i understand when most of us are buying cheap ebay stuff that work too.I've done it too ,but i like something that has got some engineering behind it ;).Specially the D14 guys who are forced to use everything for a D16 ,there is finally some parts that can be made for a D14 at a reasonable price.

Sebastix

Post by Sebastix »

This is no bullshit people, Bisimoto is the D-series man which can make ALL MOTOR SOHC cars run in the 9's on the 1/4 in the USA.

This header is by far the best header for a D-serie engine, with years of research in it...and now it's avaible for us. That's not so difficult to understand right?

U should post more dyno's of the header from other engines Nick ;)

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Guys we aren't challenging the integrity and the know how of bisi! We are just asking some questions and discussing about it.

Sebastix

Post by Sebastix »

Off course! Peace, it's no offence ;)