Bisimoto's Honda civic Wagon (D15b7 )

D14 Dynoplots
mynameisowen

Re: Bisimoto's Honda civic Wagon (D15b7 )

Post by mynameisowen »

just a bit of friendly banter :)

Seriously thought bisi is a legend, just out of most of our budgets, one day maybe!
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

gian

Post by gian »

I have a pair of ufc gloves in my car :D

Talking about bisi, i cant buy that header 'cause my country, Panamá city, is very, very hot....i live in a tropical rain forest nation so i cant remove the a/c :(

Raimundo

Post by Raimundo »

Thing is, and I'm not trying to start a fight. 2.5" will get my aproval, if I see a less powered dino run with 2" exhaust (50mm), which is more common to use in 1.4~1.6 SOHC engines.

Gaining a few HP with 2.5" exhaust, doesn't tell us that is the perfect exhaust for the car. I agree that staff behing Bisi must me genious-like ;)
95' Honda Civic
EDM D14A2

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

It all depends on what header is being used.In most cases 2.25" or 2" exhaust will be enough.Exhaust diameter from the books do not work .Sizes that are given there are way too small !That's old school theory with old design headers.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

sktaroins

Post by sktaroins »

NA - all engines are made by all similar design till this day .
The cylinder is straight so all cars engines are old to me :)

Jk - never years they ever thought of designing or ever some one thought of designing something different

Maybe design an oval shape cylinder " where the piston functions "

My point is old is old and new is drop old but better.
Ild like to see a W shape cylinder. Hehe
That ild call new - something I go like hmm.

Cylinders are straight and that will never change :)

sktaroins

Post by sktaroins »

hondaNickx wrote:Here's the dyno chart of Bisimoto's Honda civic Wagon with his stock D15b7 engine.

Stock D15B7
Stock Intake
2.5" catback exhaust
Stock filter system
Torco Oil
16whp gain over stock, 16.3 ft/lbs of torque

The proof his header works and even with 2.5" exhaust yes :mrgreen: .
There are more dyno graphs on his website forum.

hi, i read the whole topic so question is 16whp were raised from toco oil, headers and the exhaust right?

question ? he invented a new header and in the end it prooved that it worked?
please ...what kind of header is it ...iam a bit late for a reply but please let me know if you dont mind for my d15b7 engine that i have.

i removed the stock intake on my civic and replaced it with "1989 honda accord intake with its carburetor"
i replaced the stock exhaust with borla exhaust manily because it doesnt let the engine breath properly - lol.
The stock inake cannot work .... because the engine demands cold air which is generetaed by the new KN air intake and mainly beacuse a cold air intake prolongs the life of the engine.

stock generation by companies who sell stock - well thats sad coz people dont know what they are buying. the stock intake should never be at all ever produced by companies.. is what i personally, think.

Cheers,

sam

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Just very quickly reading your last post and hope I ain't missing anything, but Bisimoto's key to good headers was to get very long primary exhaust runners. Basically a 4-1 header with the 4 part over a meter length or so?

I got a similar header on the B16B... made around 16 more hp at top, but incredibly increase in torque in low revs as well.

So any design with the long primary runners gives you a lot of power. The downside of this... you need space to have 4 long primary runners. Bisi just rolled up the primaries in front of the engine while others (Hi-tech tri-y design) simply put 4 primaries under the oil pan... which meant that my B16B (immitation hi-tech header I believe) with a ground clearance of 10 cm with stock header now has only 5 cm clearance since the header needs to get lower.

sktaroins

Post by sktaroins »

I get it but this setup is more preferable than having the intake and exhaust connected right?
That guy on YouTube with that green civic build of a k20 part 3 of 3 has the exhaust and intake connected..!
I feel its a bit odd and wrong - a human for example is like a car they both burn fuel but I cant expect a human to have his mouth and a... Connected lool.

Is it healthy to connect the exhaust and intake too? ;)

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Ehr... what? Can you show the youtube link you mean?

sktaroins

Post by sktaroins »

Joris this is the link below

The first one is demo explanation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiPrCIY ... ata_player

The second one is a real one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn0cOp0 ... ata_player

Urgent reply plz.
My question is this healthy to the car to have the the intake and exhaust connected?

Cheers