Dutch dyno-meet/workshop.

D14 Dynoplots
lakaiD14

Re: Dutch dyno-meet/workshop.

Post by lakaiD14 »

no i did not but the result was:

in low revs till 4000/4500 rpm the acceleration was significantly better, but after that it was worse compared to the 66mm TB. i tested driving with a wideband lambda but the car was not running leaner or anything. i think my bisi camshaft and ported head (ported by the law of bernoulli and what my friend calls "the-chaos-theory-of-flow", that is what he gets its master degree on tech university)
need a bit more air then the stock head and cam.

that is why i think my engine is the exeption off maybe all honda tuned engines..... btw joris told me also i have a "weird" engine concidering i have lots of torque compared to a "normal"engine

but this week i try my 60mm B16 TB so let you know what the results are!
"some have dreams, mine is reality :P"

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

lakaiD14 wrote:no i did not but the result was:

in low revs till 4000/4500 rpm the acceleration was significantly better, but after that it was worse compared to the 66mm TB. i tested driving with a wideband lambda but the car was not running leaner or anything. i think my bisi camshaft and ported head (ported by the law of bernoulli and what my friend calls "the-chaos-theory-of-flow", that is what he gets its master degree on tech university)
need a bit more air then the stock head and cam.

that is why i think my engine is the exeption off maybe all honda tuned engines..... btw joris told me also i have a "weird" engine concidering i have lots of torque compared to a "normal"engine

but this week i try my 60mm B16 TB so let you know what the results are!
This was on the skunk2 manifold right ?There are always exeptions and it could be very true that with the ported head en cams it asks for a bigger tb then stock. If the vti one isn't enough you could always try the B18c 62mm one.
Let us know what works best ;)
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

@Ilya, the +16 bhp is a bit much indeed... but I have rarely seen a stock D14A4 with 90 bhp. Usually they actually have 95/96 to start with. And what I have learned from my VTEC-e (that was stock and delivered the stock bhp exactly on the same dyno, the same day) is that often the fuel mixture at WOT is a bit rich. So when installing an exhaust that makes a few percent more volumetric efficiency, the mixture automatically gets better as well instead of too lean what you might expect. I think it is these kinds of things that often get the initial bhp gains...

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

8th of march going for it again...