Dutch dyno-meet/workshop.

D14 Dynoplots
mynameisowen

Re: Dutch dyno-meet/workshop.

Post by mynameisowen »

do you think the big radiator is really necessary?? it will look cool but maybe its overkill??

nice results though, sounds like a good set up coming along. Are you running stock p3x ECU?? how did you tune at the dyno, or did you just adjust timing??
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

Law_

Post by Law_ »

lakaiD14 wrote:i have grinded 0,75 mm of the head and used a stock headgasket.

this week i'm gonna place my header and make my whole exhaust 2,25 inch.

expect a bit more torque overall, hopefulley from 5000revs and higher.
iff not i have to play with my camtiming iff i get more torque at bottom revs.
What is the size of one teeth from the timing belt? If you remove too much material from the head there is the possibility of the timing belt to advance or retard one teeth IMHO :? is it a safe procedure? Too much compression should make the stock gasket weak. Thats why i would rather start removing a layer from our 3 layers gasket ! Regrats

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

mynameisowen wrote:do you think the big radiator is really necessary?? it will look cool but maybe its overkill??

nice results though, sounds like a good set up coming along. Are you running stock p3x ECU?? how did you tune at the dyno, or did you just adjust timing??
yes stock ecu, next project obd1-swap, have all the ingredients, except for the injectors:P
"some have dreams, mine is reality :P"

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

Law_ wrote:
lakaiD14 wrote:i have grinded 0,75 mm of the head and used a stock headgasket.

this week i'm gonna place my header and make my whole exhaust 2,25 inch.

expect a bit more torque overall, hopefulley from 5000revs and higher.
iff not i have to play with my camtiming iff i get more torque at bottom revs.
What is the size of one teeth from the timing belt? If you remove too much material from the head there is the possibility of the timing belt to advance or retard one teeth IMHO :? is it a safe procedure? Too much compression should make the stock gasket weak. Thats why i would rather start removing a layer from our 3 layers gasket ! Regrats
i'm working with an adjustable camgear so, the belt is tight, and for the compression 10:1 would work fine on a "stock" engine. and all of the works that have been done on my head are calculated trough, so i won't expect any damage. i'm more worried about my piston rings, that they fail under the higher compression. and for grinding the head, on the bottomside of ur head is and indicator mark, iff u grind that far it's the maximum u can go (factory-fact:P), even then u can use your stock camgear :P

Law_

Post by Law_ »

If you can, post a picture of this mark ! I am collecting info for the mini me procedure. Thanks for the explanations ;)

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

it is a round dot near the surface where your headgasket is mounted to.
the company u take ur head to, to grind, knows this, at least i hope, because it is a pretty common thing. :P

Law_

Post by Law_ »

ok ;) thank you !

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Good news: I post it here first, but later this day I will get the details on HF.

I got a green light to organise a second dyno meet which most likely take place around feb/march. Same place. Again eCtune service available.

Spoof

Post by Spoof »

Do you know the costs for retune a Turboed car?

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Put it over at HF, look at the examples I've set and start from there.

Sounds to me like fine-tuning it about an hour (120 euro) and apart from eCtune use put another 100 if you don't have eCtune (from CRX2). If CRX2 already chipped it no extra costs charged there.

Btw not only full load will be tuned, part load can also be tuned for fuel economics, and I've not emptied my gas tank enterily since of the B16B, but it is looking leaner.