Dutch dyno-meet/workshop.

D14 Dynoplots
hondaNickx

Re: Dutch dyno-meet/workshop.

Post by hondaNickx »

I'm just reading this now ,i thought the forum was still down after 3weeks or so.Seems like i just needed to log back in :oops:
Too bad since i need to go to annual car inspection now .If i could have the Bisi header fabbed under there on short notice i might get back on the dyno.But i still have lot's of work to do...
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Nick, I am pretty certain I got 2 other cars for january, if we can get up to 5/6 cars I will do it again really soon.

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

hey nick i had the same issue, just figured out how to fix it!!
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Yesterday was the big day, Lakai was there. He got in with around 110 bhp, got out with 111 bhp, but a lot more torque. We got it up to 114 bhp on some point but with uge losses elsewere.

The D16Z6 FPR on the 190cc injectors clearly gave more much fuel pressure compared to D14 stock FPR (something I always guessed). Problem was it was too much, AFR around 10/11. Cam timing happened to be already around optimum (retarded as usual), but with advancing the ignition a little we got a bit of torque in the mid regions.

Also the stock rev limiter at 7000 rpm is too soon, right there was maximum bhp, with probably some hps left at 7300-7500 region which is out of reach now.

As for my own B16B they pulled it hard, they ran 10k rpm or so with it... at least on the dials it went over 10k. It pulls good up to 9500 rpm, but getting to 10k (on the dial, so true 9.5 I guess) it decreases quickly to just 100 bhp. So no need in building it to rev over 10k.

But what did it get? Started with 187 bhp, fiddling around got it to 203 bhp @ 8.5k, lowered VTEC engagement from 6k to 5k, gaining a small bit of power there, but still engine kicks in after 6k... had a lot of B's there and all had the same problem, only 1 case we could eliminate the little dip before 6k.

Btw we compared last years run (stock header + empty cat) with now (hytech header + racing cat).... huge huge gain in torque at non-VTEC region. About 20Nm over the entire 2-5k range.

In the end I am very pleased with the results and yes there is very likely a second dyno day soon in the Netherlands organised by me and HF... but hopefully more D-series, we only had 2 this time. (The other was D15 carbs from 86! Got it from 83 to 85 bhp).

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

haha thnx for the review, maybe next time i have installed my computer and mij headeri will come also:P. so my goal is to reach 125-130 bhp then my setup is fine for a time, after that "the big plan" is about to begin.

then i'm gonna work up a D16y8 head with valves, springs and retainers of omi performance with a crower camshaft.

hopefulley i reach 140-150 bhp :P
"some have dreams, mine is reality :P"

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

awesome man, im glad you both got a bit more out of your cars, did you get any pictures or videos???
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

Law_

Post by Law_ »

very very nice ! wish i could goooo ! but i am happy for you guys. Lakai, remember me your modifications please? Cheers

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

Law_ wrote:very very nice ! wish i could goooo ! but i am happy for you guys. Lakai, remember me your modifications please? Cheers

u mean the setup at the moment?
-d16 IM
-gasketmatched/flowwed stock d14 head, NON-Vtec, a nice experimental valve-job, and compression 10:1, and skunk2 pro-series camgear.
- header of megan racing is on its way (maybe this week:D!)
-all the parts for an OBD1-swap, except the injectors, have the wrong 240 cc injectors :(, so have to install that to.
- Tenzo-R Cold Air Intake
-and for the cooling, a brand new radiator of a 88' civic (twice ass big :D)
but have to install that to.

this is the setup at the moment :P
it's a good setup for not that much money....

Law_

Post by Law_ »

very good results for an IM and some work on the engine head. Congrats ! Did you raised compression by removing material from the head or from the gasket? Regrats !

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

i have grinded 0,75 mm of the head and used a stock headgasket.

this week i'm gonna place my header and make my whole exhaust 2,25 inch.

expect a bit more torque overall, hopefulley from 5000revs and higher.
iff not i have to play with my camtiming iff i get more torque at bottom revs.