Various dynoplots of tuned d14, around the web

D14 Dynoplots
marty40

Re: Various dynoplots of tuned d14, around the web

Post by marty40 »

I managed to make 138.4hp non-vtec just tuned with an safc and standard limiter of 6900rpm.

with 108ft lb of torque which is 146nm. on a dyno with a load. :)

edit: this was with cam gear 10 degrees crank retarded (5 degrees on gear) and dizzy not set. not really sure what to set cam gear at. as i got a regrind done by newman camshafts n culdnt get the specs of them.

set at 1.5 degrees advanced now with dizy set. still need to get to a dyno and get the safc set again.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Please post dyno charts ;)
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

marty40

Post by marty40 »

here it is. very popular dyno used here in ireland. should be quite accurate :D

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Very nice result ! Now that's a D14 dyno chart :D Look at that Flat torque curve damn!

Btw because you grinded off so much of your head to get 10.3 :1 compression you need to compensate that on your cam gear. You grinded off 1.27mm (0.050") of the head to get 10.33 :1 compression.

Every 1mm milled of the head retards your cam gear 1 degree so actually you need to advance your cam gear slighty more then 1degree on the cam gear to get it back at Zero .But since you almost want to retard the cam gear you're better of setting the cam gear at zero or 2 degrees retarded.
Which will give you 2 degrees or 4degrees retarded.

Ignition timing is something you need to try on a dyno to see what makes the most hp.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

marty40

Post by marty40 »

yea was suprised that the torque curve was as flat as it was. car feels so much more torqier now. than the standard engine. unreal the diff.

Im going to set my camgear to 2 retarded then. Thanks for that. im guessing with having the cam re-ground hasnt hasent affected at what degrees the cam makes maximum lift? or would it?

thanks!

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

marty40 wrote:yea was suprised that the torque curve was as flat as it was. car feels so much more torqier now. than the standard engine. unreal the diff.

Im going to set my camgear to 2 retarded then. Thanks for that. im guessing with having the cam re-ground hasnt hasent affected at what degrees the cam makes maximum lift? or would it?

thanks!
Most modded D14's with short ram intake make a really flat torque curve.Look at Dodo's Latest dyno chart it's also a very flat torque curve.
Your torque curve actually keeps rising which is a very good sign the engine still makes power.
Yes it would but normally you get the cam specs from the regrinding company.At least i did when i shipped in my D14a4 cam to Bisimoto.Would be nice to compare duration and lift between companies. Anyway you need to do this changes on a dyno so you can see what works and what not.Start basic with cam gear set at Zero or 2degrees advanced and go retarded from that.Adjust ignition timing every time you make a change on the cam gear and AFR ratios.There's a lot more hp in this engine with a proper ecu tune and cam dialing.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

very nice!!Make your own topic on this section with a detailed list of your mods! ;)

baz

Post by baz »

hondaNickx wrote: Even Baz his D14 makes a lot of torque too 142nm ,but i don't know what brand header he's using?
I dont know either, but its a realy cheap one, 2nd handed.
D14A3-OBD1-I/H/E
126 hp /145 Nm

marty40

Post by marty40 »

thats good to hear. i dnt know the cam specs. i have foned them a couple of times but its like trying to get blood from a stone, no-one seems to know anything about it.

Priced geting fulll standalone ecu and getting my cam set and the car mapped :shock:

expensive but im goin to do it!

Im going to get:
Link g4 storm full standalone ecu. with antilag (for if i ever go turbo), launch control and full throttle shift
get cam set
set timing also
supertech valve springs and titanium retainers
head surfaced with new headgasket
and let this thing revvvvvvvv.

maybe port oil pump also.

should be able to se a good hike in power. seeing my cam timing was wrong and my dizzy and with standard rev limiter and only a fuel contoler so messed up timing.

cant wait!

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

You should gain some descent power with those mods.Good ecu tuning can do a whole lot.I think the max is going to be 148hp-150hp ,but it can go either way up or down.You never can predict these kind of things correctly.