Various dynoplots of tuned d14, around the web

D14 Dynoplots
saxophonias

Various dynoplots of tuned d14, around the web

Post by saxophonias »

Here is the place for d14 dynoplots we come across the web and they are worth mentioning. Always mention the source and the list of mods.

hondaNickx

Re: Various dynoplots of tuned d14, around the web

Post by hondaNickx »

Here's a graph i kinda forgot about .This is from a dyno test day where several D14's were all on the same dyno the same day.

Goose and myself (HondaNickx) both had a D14a4/3 with I/H/E
Nasty and Dave both had the D16z6 Intake manifold with I/H/E.
Dave had a little AFC tuning if i remember correctly.

You can cleary see the difference between changing the intake manifolds (without tuning).
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Very clear you get more power with stock between 3700-5700 rpm I would say.
Above 5700 D16Z6 manifold is the winner.
Very nice test man!

Btw do you remember Dave's AFR setting or anyones fuel mixtures if there was a lamba probe around? With Lakai his setup last time (110 bhp, only by cam timing) we clearly saw the D16Z6 OEM AFR was putting in too much fuel, around 1:10/11 mixtures. I am pointing to the fact that I believe swapping to D16Z6 manifold makes mixtures too rich with the stock FPR, masking the actual gain in terms of volumetric efficiency you get from the D16Z6 mani.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Hmm i didn't even knew that , that's a good thing to point out.
I thought all of those AFR were putting out the same pressure ?
Afaik there were no AFR readings going on on that day.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

I thought a long time as well FPR's were the same, but when you look up testing values you'll see D14 FPR test values are typically lower compared to D16Z6 etc.

From the top of my head we are talking about 2.3/2.4 versus 2.7/2.8 or something alike.

baz

Post by baz »

Block: D14A3 OBD2a stock ECU

Specs:
D16Z6 intake
AEM wai
4-2-1 spruitstuk
Omni power testpipe
Buddyclub pro spec

Results:
122 pk @ 6520 rpm
142 Nm @ 5663 rpm

Dyno sheet:
D14A3-OBD1-I/H/E
126 hp /145 Nm

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Confirmation again for the Z6 FPR getting rich mixture ;).

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

This is the first D14 i've ever seen that made that much power and torque without a Obd1 conversion and a tune !I find it really hard to believe but the proof is here,really impressive ! This might be a perfect combo of mods to get the best results .

baz

Post by baz »

hondaNickx wrote:This is the first D14 i've ever seen that made that much power and torque without a Obd1 conversion and a tune !I find it really hard to believe but the proof is here,really impressive ! This might be a perfect combo of mods to get the best results .
Well maybe a good guideline and reliable proof for those who wanna tune a D14?
D14A3-OBD1-I/H/E
126 hp /145 Nm

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

baz wrote:
hondaNickx wrote:This is the first D14 i've ever seen that made that much power and torque without a Obd1 conversion and a tune !I find it really hard to believe but the proof is here,really impressive ! This might be a perfect combo of mods to get the best results .
Well maybe a good guideline and reliable proof for those who wanna tune a D14?

Well since you're the only one who made this much power without tuning i'm guessing it's the perfect combo of parts Wai/4-2-1 header/exhaust/intake manifold on a D14 .What's the inside diameter of that Aem WAI intake tube ?I heared some people say it's only 54mm or something and not 60mm...Maybe it has to do something with that.