Various dynoplots of tuned d14, around the web

D14 Dynoplots
hondaNickx

Re: Various dynoplots of tuned d14, around the web

Post by hondaNickx »

saxophonias wrote:but wouldn't a such aggressive cam need higher revs to make power, and on the other hand would the performance
fall from 7100? :roll:
Are we sure it's not something else here?

Normally such an agressive cam would need to make more rpm yes.
But the hp curve doesn fall down it actually still climbs as far as i can see.The limiter just stops the power graph. On Stock D14A3's it's at 7200rpm , on D14a4's at 7000rpm.It all depends very much on the cam , and i think this cam is made to make power between 4500-7200/7500rpm .Cause they couldn't raise the limiter with safc ,so it actually has a very early power bump as you can see in the torque curve.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

so actually we are talking about the perfect cam. Can we communicate somehow with the factory that made this cam? It must be a regrind right?

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

It is a regrind , the cam castings look too good to be aftermarket.I allready compared the lobes somehow with my Level 2 regrind from Bisi and i think they are about the same .But i can't tell for sure.
I allready tried searching for that company but i couldn't find anything and i don't understand one letter polish.
They do have they're own team and forum.The big problem is that this all doesn't make sence.You can't put in a agressive cam with stock intake ports and still have major torque increase.The cam bleeds of the compression so much .With a thinner headgasket you'll only manage to get something like 9.5 : 1 compression.He must have milled that head like 1mm and reworked those intake ports.But he isn't telling that...
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Any Polish readers willing to aid?

kudlacz

Post by kudlacz »

Previous dyno chart seemed strange so H4WK went to another (more credible) dyno. Here is the real one:

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

kudlacz wrote:Previous dyno chart seemed strange so H4WK went to another (more credible) dyno. Here is the real one:

Case solved :lol:

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

guys we shouldn't consider everything we see as credible, especially if it doesn't make sense!
Well done for the find Nick!

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

@Nick and Kudlacz: both guys thank you for this information.

Now I certainly believe the result. Got some notes on it:

1:) The previous dyno had no wheel-losses reported which always should be the case. The new dyno does it perfectly. Always a sign of good dyno-craftsman ship.

2:) Still this is an incredible result. Until now the non-VTECs came up to 123 bhp with stock cams. As with my VTEC setup, a good grinded cam can add around 5hp to that number. 128 is exactly that! So this is the non-VTEC NA record for D14 as far as I am concerned... do I forget anyone who came higher? My memory is not the best around...

3:) This setup actually gets the same maximum torque as I did, 145 Nm... or did I have 150? Ehm... well anyway that is close enough for me to be called the same :mrgreen: . Incredible high torque still.

4:) Jeej! Means I am still leading the record books for NA D14 with my 145 bhp! (I would even lead with my current 139 bhp). Despite this very very good attemp of H4WK.

baz

Post by baz »

Cant wait for my OBD1 set up because these are awesome numbers for a NA D14!

D14 POWER! :mrgreen:
D14A3-OBD1-I/H/E
126 hp /145 Nm

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Indeed a very good attempt , i believe if they had better ecu mangements over there he would had much better results.Even the rev limit is set at 6500rpm which is pretty low.
I think +130hp would have been possible with only a good cam.Still the torque is very high for a 1.4 with minor mods right?
But i do think most d-series 4-2-1 header exit into 50mm .The cheap ones at least do (most of the headers i had all did),dc sports are all 55mm exit afaik.
Even Baz his D14 makes a lot of torque too 142nm ,but i don't know what brand header he's using?
Dodo do you know what the exit diameter was from your 4-2-1 header?
I know i got pretty low torque readings only about stock like torque (125nm) but i altered that headers exit diameter to 60mm.My new Bisimoto header also has an exit diameter of 55mm so i'm guessing 55mm exit is the key here.After that the exhaust can open up to 63.5mm or 2.5".