Various dynoplots of tuned d14, around the web

D14 Dynoplots
Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Re: Various dynoplots of tuned d14, around the web

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Wow incredible result, non-VTEC record? The only sceptism I keep is the fact no wheel-losses are reported, I always want to see what was used for the wheel loss correction, a linear relationship as in my dyno's often or was the negative line subtracted? And in the last case how did it look?

marty40

Post by marty40 »

yea the only way to find out is to do it. culd only be 5hp in it who knows.

i dont actually know what the whp was. They always just give printouts of flywheel hp. i will try and get both wn i run the car again tho.

does anyone know what max engine rpm these wee things will take. keeping in mind engine will have springs and retainers?

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

With aftermarket springs i'd say 8000rpm or a little bit over that 8100-8200.
8500 and up would be risky .Just test it on the dyno ,if power drops at (for example) 7500rpm then there is no need to run 8000rpm.A 100-200rpm over your peak Hp (for shifting purpose) will be fine. ;)
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

marty40

Post by marty40 »

yea deffinately. no point reving when its not making anymore power. Is that just because the oil pump cant feed enough to the big end at any more rpm than that?

just dunno wher itl make power with the obx inlet. atm car doesnt waken up until around 5500-6000rpm. and then as soon as that happens ur boucing of the limiter :?

are retainers needed or will springs do?

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Wel you could always try 9000 but i never seen a D-series engine that actually still makes power up there.And we or i don't know if you could run 9000rpm on a stock D14a4 bottem end without braking stuff.
I wouldn't risk it .Couldn't you sell that obx manifold and get a skunk2 manifold or even a blox or "noname copy blox manifold" They are not that expensive on ebay and have longer runners which will give you a broader powerband.Those skunk2 manifolds sell on D-series.org sometimes.I've seen them go as cheap as $120 on occasion.

You don't need titanium retainers if your not continuesly racing or reving in high rpm's.OEM retainers are fine in most cases.I'm using oem retainers as wel on my Level2 cam .I would def. take some aftermarket springs,stock springs can only handle 7700rpm on a stock or level 1 cam.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

marty40

Post by marty40 »

I might keep this manifold atm just to see what i end up with. i will end up changing it at some stage. Maybe a go-autoworks inlet manifold. Seen them alot on d16 builds. Pricey tho.

Just bought some BLOX valve springs so the work begins! :D

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

Not a D14 but still d-series.
D15 with 176hp and 180Nm
http://www.r2racing.ru/tuned_by_r2r/176 ... g-d15.html

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

the cfm and the c/r must be incredibly high to produce such high numbers in not extremely high revs. impressed.

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

I am impressed too from this D15
I think that D14 have potential to produce such power.
D14 can revs more from D15 and far more from than D16 but the key must be the compression.
Can D14 handle compression like 10:1 or more?

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

IF that is hp on the crank then that are normal results and even a bit low .Sheperd Moon has made those same figures before with oem Z6 head and cam on a high compression 12.5 :1 D15 bottem end with I/H/E.
On most D-series a lot of compression is a tuning key. ;)

If that is wheel hp then it's indeed very high