Various dynoplots of tuned d14, around the web

D14 Dynoplots
Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Re: Various dynoplots of tuned d14, around the web

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Darn I need my car to be ready the 24th, still welding the stupid body of my B16B EJ1 car, but Jelle and I want to go heads up in Drachten 1/4 mile next week. (That's his name, also known as Shepherd moon on a variaty of forums).

Last time he could not come close to my times since the engine was tuned badly, but now the dyno graph as presented has been tuned by Gaskleppie a.k.a. Frank from eCtune if I am right. I do not know whether the car has eCtune, because Frank can work with more tools besides that. Now I am really scared that my B16B gets clobbered by his D15 (and honestly, I'd love that he get up to my speed, I seriously think he has a change of beating me).

On a sidenote, his car is also in a near perfect state with a very nice custom paint job on it. Nice candy red if I am correct with all black details painted in a similar metallic paint. Its gorgeous to look at.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

what lap times can be expected in 0-400?

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

I think we are both aiming for 14.3xx

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

that's pretty awesome! Is there any glue at the start strip?

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Last weekend the more professional drivers were there, real dragsters. They put glue... well... unless it was raining which it was very much the last days.

Anyway we usually drive the Friday after them. Always. So sometimes a bit of glue is left and we can use it. But usually everybody complains about low grip :mrgreen: .

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

low grip even with toyos 888? Anyway there will be plenty of rubber left on the grid :D

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Low grip even with full slicks... the thing is, grip is relative. Once you are used to R888 and a good surface, R888 and a bad surface still suck. Last drag event at Assen I tried to take of with cold tyres on my R888, was searching for grip but it was completely lost. Even though I only launched at 6000 rpm! (Which is low for me hehehehehe).

edit: Assen is no normal drag strip, it is a normal road course which have much less grip compared to a prepared strip.

Symon

Post by Symon »

Honda civic 1,4 VTEC 155KM 172Nm
From Slovenia, tuned by tunerc http://www.tunerc.si/

1,4 engine
vtec d16Z6 head
P29 pistons 12:1
Y8 IM & VTI B16 TB
Cold air intake
4-2-1 header and 50mm exhaust
eCtune rom editor software
stock cam

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

what's the number of bhp and whp? It seems very strong but the torque numbers mustn't be realistic ;) An 1,4 lt engine can't hit 170nm of torque, this number would be a lot, even for b16.

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Polivias, torque is fine, it just a notch over 140 nm one moment, no way near 170? The other graph is power which is hitting the 120+ region, nothing unusual there. Just a nice dyno.

edit: I sea, a typo in the title, probably 142 meant?

edit2: which stock cam are you running? D14 stock cam? Or D16Z6 stock cam? In the latter case power is a bit down, no cam gear to retard cam timing? I think that would help a lot. You should be able to hit 130+ with this setup.