Checklist for OBD1 Swap (updated with pics and more writing)

Here new articles are build and discussed before the go online.
pioootr

Re: Checklist for OBD1 Swap (updated with pics and more writ

Post by pioootr »

ilya wrote:SFI dosn't have 1 sensor in dizzy.
Could you explain more specifically?

d14a3/4 have actually a simplified fuel injection i one so 4 injectors work in pairs.

We tend to forget that d14z1/2 are multiple fuel injection instead of SFI in d14a4 so they have 4 signals from the ecu.

So are there any differences between d14a4, d14z2 and d15b7 distributors ?

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

With D14Z1/Z2 you are fine and can keep the dizzy. Internal sensoring etc.is same as D15B7. Both have 9 (or 8) wires. It's just the rev signal that can be different.

The D14A3/A4 are off from the rest. And I think what Ilya wanted to say is that it misses the sensor that gives one pulse per cam rev. Also the remaining sensors are different. In my bizz they call the normal dizzy's 'Hal-type' and the D14A3/A4 are called encoder if I am correct. Another technique would be a resolver but I haven't seen that in any Honda's. The 'my bizz' I refer to? Well partly only, but that part is servo controlling engines for all kind of stuff, usually from industrial robotics, we use them for model ships and structures that have to do with water. Funny how my work and hobby sometimes seem to overlap.

pioootr

Post by pioootr »

Dodo Bizar wrote:With D14Z1/Z2 you are fine and can keep the dizzy. Internal sensoring etc.is same as D15B7. Both have 9 (or 8) wires. It's just the rev signal that can be different.
That's what I thought, THX !